KNIGHTS OF THE WIND. They are daughters of the wind … the legend is that a fierce wind came form the south storming across the land and from this heat and swirling sand, the Arabian horse was born … because of this birth they are able to run faster than the wind itself.
100 HORSES. THE LIST has meant a lot to me throughout the years. I had started the THE LIST when I was about 14 years old. The goal was to reach 100 English horses, Arabian, Half-Arabian or Saddlebred, within my lifetime. At first, I thought it was absolutely unrealistic! But it turns out that the goals that you set that
seem impossible to achieve, are the ones that make you feel the best when they are achieved.
THE ARABIAN MARE. The Arabian Mare, priceless beyond measure. Warhorse. Beloved of the Bedouin. Treasure from which all bloodlines are traced and held. Stallions may be powerful and majestic, but the true strength of the Arabian breed resides in the mare.
THE HORSE IN ARABIC LITERATURE. The Arabic poetry always mentioned horses and riding throughout Arabic history. In addition to the marvelous examples of ancient Arabic poetry we mentioned earlier, the tradition continued until the present day.
TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR HORSES
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial to my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long. Don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’ll never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me that I am powerful enough to hurt you, but choose not to.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I have a problem that you are not yet aware of.
9. Take care of me when I am old. You too will be old one day.
10. Go with me on the last journey. Never say, “I can’t bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there.
WHEN I AM OLD ...
ESSENCE (OF HORSEMANSHIP)
A majesty not contained by force,
QUITE LITTLE HORSE
I am the quiet little horse in the plain brown wrapper.
But I will give you everything I have, no questions asked.
So when you walk past the quiet little horse to see the big, bold beauties; know that under the plain brown wrapper it is lined with pure gold.
~ Author Unknown ~